How To Measure Guides
Measuring for blinds is simple!
- Always use a steel measuring tape and measure in millimeters.
- Windows are often not square.
- Measure all your windows even if they appear to be the same.
- Decide if you want your blinds to sit within the reveal of your window (inside mount), or on your architrave (outside mount).
- If you require an inside mount ensure that there is sufficient space for the blind to sit inside the reveal.
- Specialty shapes and skylights please email a diagram to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unsure ask!
- ALWAYS MEASURE WIDTH FIRST THEN HEIGHT.
Measuring for the inside mount:
- Measure the exact window opening size. Do not make any deductions. We will make allowances to allow free movement of the blind within the window reveal.
- Width: Measure in three (3) places (top, middle and bottom), and use the narrowest measurement.
- Height: Measure in three (3) places and use the tallest measurement.
Measuring for the outside mount:
- You determine the exact width you want your blind. The factory will make your blind the exact size you specify.